You are not alone.
Postpartum depression is the most common complication of childbirth, affecting approximately 600,000 women per year in the United States alone. (source) Many new parents struggle with postpartum mood challenges in isolation, feeling that there is something wrong with them, or that others won't understand what they're going through. You are not alone.
Join board-certified music therapist and doula Beth Hardy in this 6-week group, where you will have the opportunity to use music therapy techniques to:
such as grief, anger, sadness and disappointment regarding unexpected birth and postpartum outcomes.
through creative group music-making experiences such as drumming, instrumental improvisation, singing and songwriting.
Reframe & integrate
the postpartum experience, and create hope and a positive outlook for the future.
- Meets for 6 Saturdays, from 1-2:30pm
- October 14 through November 18, 2017
- Located at Salt Lake City Prenatal Massage Yoga Studio
4578 S Highland Drive, Suite 100, Salt Lake City
- The price for this therapy group is $300 ($50/session), due prior to the first session. I accept HSA/FSA cards, cash, checks, credit cards and debit cards.
- Nursing babies are welcome. Hearing protection for babies is recommended since we will be using drums and other percussion instruments.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Beth.