Many parents spend countless hours preparing for the birth of their baby, reading books, taking classes, and imagining their optimal birth. However, lots of parents find that they don't feel as prepared once the baby has arrived and throughout the "fourth trimester" (the first 3 months of baby's life). They may have questions, need help around the house, need referrals to specialists, or just need emotional support and someone to listen and tell them that they are doing awesome! This is where a postpartum doula can be invaluable. As your postpartum doula, my services include:
- I provide education, guidance and support to help you become confident and adjusted to life with your new baby.
- Each visit is customized to your needs at that moment, and may include help with breast or bottle feeding, bathing the baby, infant sleep guidance, baby-wearing, and help with older siblings.
- As your postpartum doula I can help make your home feel comfortable which may include light housekeeping, tidying, laundry, and snack preparation.
- I can care for the baby while you get some much-needed rest.
- I provide unlimited emotional, physical and mental support for both parents.
I require a minimum of 4 postpartum visits, each visit lasting a minimum of 4 hours.
Postpartum rate: $35/hr
I always offer a complimentary, no obligation first meeting where we can get to know each other and see if we are a good fit. We will also discuss your anticipated postpartum needs and a tentative schedule, though of course this may change later on. To schedule a complimentary first meeting, contact me.
* these services do not include music therapy. For music therapy assisted childbirth and related services, click here.