A birth doula is a person who provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint to parents before and during labor and birth. Birth doulas also help parents get the information they need to make informed decisions. Birth doulas are hired by the family -- not the hospital -- so their whole purpose is to serve the parents and baby. Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
As your birth doula, my services include:
- 2 prenatal visits where we will discuss your hopes, fears and plans for your birth. We also talk about techniques to cope with discomfort, ways your partner can help during labor, and we will do hands-on practice of laboring positions, massage techniques and guided relaxation.
- Unlimited phone, text and email support throughout your pregnancy.
- Access to lending library of books, DVDs and CDs.
- On-call 24/7 from 2 weeks prior to your due date until the baby is born.
- Continuous support throughout your entire labor and birth.
- 1 postpartum visit within 1-2 weeks after birth to check in with you and your family, listen to your birth experiences and answer any questions you may have.
Basic Birth Doula Package - $850
* these services do not include music therapy. For music therapy assisted childbirth and related services, click here.
I always offer a complimentary, no obligation first meeting where we can get to know each other and see if we are a good fit. We will also discuss your plans for your birth and how I can be of the most help to you and your partner during your birth. To schedule a complimentary first meeting, contact me.