Beth Hardy, PCD(DONA), SCMT, MT-BC
Birth & Postpartum Doula PCD(DONA)
Curtis Method Trained Hypnodoula
Nationally Board-Certified music therapist
Utah State Certified Music Therapist
I grew up in a small town in Colorado, and have been fascinated by birth for as long as I can remember. From the moment I pulled my mom's copy of Ina May's Spiritual Midwifery off the bookshelf when I was about six years old, I knew that I wanted to somehow be part of the birth world. This led me to pursue doula trainings whenever and wherever I could, and I began attending births in 2008.
I have always been a musical person, and as I got older I knew that I wanted to use my musical talents to help people in some way. This desire led me to attend Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA where I majored in Music Therapy. I received my bachelor's degree in music therapy in 2008. I currently serve a wide variety of music therapy clientele through my business Heart Tones Music Therapy, including adults with cancer, older adults in memory care, and children & families.
I have combined my love for birth with my passion for music, and have received additional training in Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth. I love helping my birth clients use music during pregnancy, labor and birth to have a more connected, calm, and satisfying birth experience. I also write Womb Songs for clients all over the world, which are original, one-of-a-kind songs that use parents' exact words of love, hope and dreams for their baby. I put their words to music to create a unique song that they can treasure forever.
I'm so excited to meet you, please get in touch and set up a free consultation!
Education & advanced trainings
- 100% Doula business course - online, 2016
- Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss - online, 2016
- Providing Culturally Sensitive Care to LGBTQ Families - online, 2015
- Curtis Method Hypnodoula Training, Salt Lake City, 2015
- Sound Birthing Music: Birth Music Consultation - online, 2015
- Sound Birthing Music: Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth training - Portland, OR, 2014
- Sound Birthing Music: Postpartum Music Therapy - online, 2014
- Postpartum Doula Training - DONA International, San Francisco, CA ,2014
- Labor Massage for Doulas - Natural Resources, San Francisco, CA, 2012
- Birth Doula Training - Natural Resources, San Francisco, CA, 2010
- Bachelors in Music, Music Therapy - Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA, 2008
My Birth Philosophy
I believe that birth is a huge, life-expanding experience that deserves to be treated with honor. I believe those who give birth are strong and powerful, and must be respected, listened to, and supported during every step of the birth journey. I believe it is every birthing person's right to give birth in the place that they feel is best for them, in the way that they want, with the people they choose to be around them. I believe that it is my role as a doula to do everything I can to help my clients have the safest, most satisfying birth possible.